Saturday, November 2, 2013

Week 18

Wow, another week gone by. Actually, on Saturday, October 25th, I hit my "4 months as a missionary mark." The time has really flown by. I'm already 1/6 of the way done with my mission! I know that's not much, but it feels like a lot less.

This week was hard though, probably my toughest week in the mission, with the exception of my first week or two in the field. We've really been struggling to find pilas investigators and help the ones that we already have to progress. Missionary work is so much easier when it feels like you're making a difference.

However, after a week of fighting for every lesson, after having so many of our second visit appointments fall through, after getting to church and yet again only having 4 investigators attend (we are supposed to have at least 8), I was given some "tender mercies" by the Lord. I got to partake of the sacrament which was blessed by Hermano Oscar, one of my converts, who I had just given the Aaronic Priesthood the week before. I also got to sit next to Hermano Luis and Hermana Alejandra Garcia. I love that family so much. Their 3 year old daughter, Priscilla, is the only person who compares to Elissa in cuteness.

I also was notified yesterday that I will be transferred tomorrow. Sad to leave VC, but excited to go somewhere new.

Love, Elder Cannon





Ruins close to town







Harvesting cane sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment