Saturday, February 15, 2014

Week 33


February 11, 2014

Well, not a whole lot happened this week. We've had some setbacks with our investigators. Three of them moved this week (not too uncommon here in Guatemala, and much easier when you don't have many possessions).

Yesterday for our district P day we watched "The Other Side of Heaven." I'm not sure how we were allowed to watch that movie. It's a little different than, for example, Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" or Mountain of the Lord's House. Anyway, that movie is far more enjoyable when you're a missionary, although it is rather interesting how he breaks every single rule in the missionary manual that we have now. In all, it made me think about how important it is to love the people.


My mission experience is completely different than his. Often I think that it would be easier to just try to do as much good as possible, rather than worrying about number of contacts, how many lessons in the house of a member we had, etc. Still, if I truly love the people here in Guatemala, all of that will flow naturally out of my efforts to serve them. The numbers will be the result; they should never become the reason. My mission is teaching my many things, and how to love would probably be the most important. I can't be a representative of Christ if I don't love as He loved. Luckily, that love is promised to missionaries and so I can have hope. 

 

Time's up.

 

Love, Elder Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment