Friday, January 3, 2014

Week 26

December 24, 2013


¡Felíz Navidad! Ok, so, I was in the middle of writing my email, navigated away, and found out that somehow it got erased. In other words, it'll be a short email this week.

Ha, I can't believe that it's Christmas Eve already. Tonight, after a normal day of proselyting, we get to go and stay out late in the house of a member and eat a ton of tamales. Then, tomorrow we get to have
our P day and call home! I'm super excited. Last Wednesday we got up at 1:00 A.M. to go to the temple. It was pretty crazy to be so near the CCM again. I can't believe that tomorrow (Christmas Day), I will
have been a missionary for 6 months! Ha! The time is flying by.

I can tell why it's so important that we do all us can now, and not wait to improve or give our all. The time that we have to give 100% of our time to the Lord is actually quite short (although it might not seem that way when I think about how many movies will come out while I'm gone). What better way to celebrate the birth of Christ though?

Anyway, in this time of the year I'm especially grateful for all the blessings that I have been given. It's rather frightening sometimes.  I'm so grateful that I was called to Guatemala Central (which really
is the best mission in the world). I'm grateful I was born into such a great family that is so strong in the gospel. I'm grateful for all my friends and all the great examples of faithful service I have in my life. I'm especially grateful for my Savior and Redeemer and the chance He has given me to serve Him.


Love, Elder Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment