Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week 29

January 13, 2014

Well, I get to write a day early today (normally we have P day on Monday and have our district meeting and time to check our email on Tuesday). The reason is that we're having a Zone P Day and all going to some park that's only open on Tuesday. Sadly, we barely missed out on being able to go to Antigua, which is like the coolest place in all of Central America. Anyway, I'll tell you all how that goes next week. Speaking of which, next week we won't have our time to write emails until Thursday because we have transfers on Tuesday and then a multi-mission conference on Wednesday in which we'll here from Elder Cook! Woo-hoo! All the missionaries are pretty excited.

Not too much has happened this week. we're working hard and miraculously I'm getting somewhat used to the heat here. I've included a couple of rather poor quality pictures (I took them while riding on the bus back from the Christmas Activity several weeks ago). Sadly, it's impossible to grasp the size of that volcano from the pictures. I have never, ever seen anything so big, anything that takes up such a huge chunk of the sky. It's like something out of a movie (if Mount Doom was that big I'm pretty sure that Sam would never have been able to carry Frodo to the top and the Sauron would have reclaimed the Ring.) Anyway, I really am sorry that there's no way I can send you guys an accurate picture of that volcano. Honestly, I'm sure that it's so big it's throwing off the orbit of the earth (not really).

Right now we're teaching an investigator named Daniel. He is a very stereotypical electrical engineer and as much as I relate to him, I've had to exercise a lot of patience with him as he always asks a bunch of questions and makes a bunch of comments, all of which are only barely related to the subject of our lesson. One day we watched the video of John Tanner and he made us pause the movie every minute or so that he could ask questions such as "how did the Kirtland Bank fail." Still, we're working with him and are praying that he can translate his desires to be baptized into action.


Well, that's all for today. Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment